1972 Pulitzer Prize in Journalism for Feature Photography honoring his previous year’s work that included photos of the Vietnam, Cambodia, and India-Pakistan Wars, one of the youngest winners of the Pulitzer Prize, David Hume Kennerly has been shooting on the front lines of history for fifty years. Spring this year David was named 2015 prestigious Lucie Foundation Masters of Photography award for Achievement in Photojournalism. A world Press Photo double in 1976 awarded two first prizes for pictures from the final days of Cambodia. Davis has won numerous awards and honors throughout his long standing career, his photographs have graced over 50 major magazine covers.
- David Hume Kennerly American photojournalist;
- Winner of the 1972 Pulitzer Prize for Feature Photography his portfolio of photographs taken of the Vietnam War, Cambodia,
- Born: March 9, 1947 (age 68), Roseburg, Oregon, United States
- Spouse: Rebecca Soladay
- Movies: The Godfather Part III, An Unlikely Weapon: The Eddie Adams Story
- Children: Byron Kennerly, Jack Kennerly, Nick Kennerly
- Books: Shooter, Photo Op